Creamy Asparagus Soup
The sweetness of asparagus spears brightens this soup to make for a palate-pleasing and aesthetically pleasing soup with a shade of green that is indicative of its high concentration of vitamin K. Combined with the protein from the yogurt, this soupʼs ingredients provide top-notch nutrition.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 lbs. asparagus
- 2 cups vegetable stock, divided
- 1 tsp. all-natural sea salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup Greek-style low-fat yogurt
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine the olive oil and onions, and sauté until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Trim the asparagus spears and add to the pot with 3 tablespoons stock. Season with salt and pepper, and sauté for 5 minutes or until fork tender. Add the remaining stock, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Stir in coconut milk and simmer for about 15–20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 10–15 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, emulsify ingredients until smooth. Add the yogurt, and mix until completely blended.