Creamy Asparagus Soup
Asparagus lovers will enjoy this creamy soup made with plenty of fresh asparagus. If you are serving this for vegetarians, you can substitute vegetable stock for chicken stock.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. salted butter, divided
- 2 lbs. asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces, tips reserved
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus stems, onion, and garlic. Sauté until the asparagus is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer asparagus mixture to a blender, add chicken stock, cover and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds. Pour the mixture into a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 30 minutes.
- While soup simmers, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Add asparagus tips and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Stir cream and salt into the soup and stir until heated through. Pour into soup bowls and garnish with sautéed asparagus tips.