Creamy Avocado Soup with Chives
Make sure you read the dietary label on the vegetable stock, as the carb count varies between brands. You can also substitute a low-sodium chicken stock.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large avocados, ripe
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. snipped fresh chives
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Use a spoon to remove the flesh from the skin and process in a food processor fitted with a metal blade until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth, about 1 minute. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.