Creamy Baby Spinach
Purchase prewashed fresh baby spinach leaves, available in the produce department of your local supermarket.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 lb. baby spinach leaves
- 1 Tbsp. water
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Tip the skillet to coat the bottom with the melted butter.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the spinach leaves. Add the water and stir. Cook until the leaves start to wilt, about 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the flour over the spinach and stir to evenly distribute. Add the evaporated milk and stir. Cook, uncovered, until the sauce starts to thicken, about 4 to 6 minutes. Serve hot.