Creamy Bacon Brussels Sprouts
Boost your Thanksgiving side dish game with a creamy and smoky twist on Brussels sprouts!
Serves: 8Prep: 30 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 ounces bacon
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups Kroger® Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Fresh parsley, to garnish.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Place on a paper towel and allow to cool slightly. Break or cut into small pieces, then set aside.
- In the same skillet from the bacon, add the brussels sprouts. Season with the salt and pepper. Cook for 6-8 minutes, until the edges of the sprouts start to brown and get crispy.
- Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant. Pour in the heavy cream.
- Mix the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl. Stir until the starch is fully combined.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the skillet. Continue stirring and allow to simmer for 3-5 more minutes.
- Add the bacon pieces and mix until well combined. Pour into a 2-quart casserole dish and top with the cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until top is golden and bubbling.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.