Creamy Baked Broccoli and Celery
Steam broccoli and then bake it with celery and Alfredo sauce topped with Italian cheeses and crunchy sunflower seeds. This is a dish that is comforting and nutritious.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 quarts water
- 1 large head fresh broccoli, stalk trimmed and cut into florets
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 stalks celery, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 jar (16 oz.) Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Italian five-cheese blend
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- Set oven to 375°F. Grease a medium baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add broccoli florets and salt. Lower heat and simmer 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
- Transfer broccoli to prepared baking dish with celery. Cover with Alfredo sauce and toss well. Sprinkle with cheese and sunflower seeds. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cheese begins to brown.