Creamy Butternut Squash and Leek Soup
“Creamy” doesn’t have to mean “filled with fat and empty calories,” and you don’t have to use heavy cream to make dishes delicious.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash, peeled and seeds removed
- 2 cups cleaned leeks, chopped
- 2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1½ cups plain nonfat yogurt
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine the water, squash, and leeks and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes. Remove from heat and add rosemary. Use an immersion blender to emulsify the squash and leeks until smooth.
- Add the nonfat yogurt ¼ cup at a time while blending until creamy.