Creamy Cabbage Slaw
This version of coleslaw is tangier and sweeter than the typical basic coleslaw made with mayonnaise, salt, and pepper.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 Tbsp. minced onion
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 tsp. celery seed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrot, and onion.
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, and celery seed. Whisk to blend well. Add salt and pepper.
- Add dressing to cabbage mixture and stir until well moistened.
- Refrigerate slaw for at least 2 hours until thoroughly chilled.