Creamy Carrot-Coconut Soup
This carrot soup will have you begging for more. The addition of coconut milk transforms an ordinary carrot and ginger soup into an unexpected treat.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp. mince fresh ginger
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- In a large soup or stock pot over medium-high heat, bring the carrots, sweet potato, and onion to a boil in the vegetable broth. Add garlic and ginger, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until carrots and potatoes are soft.
- Cool slightly, then transfer to a blender and purée until smooth.
- Return soup to pot. Over very low heat, stir in the coconut milk and salt, stirring well to combine. Heat just until heated through, another 3 to 4 minutes.