Creamy Carrot Soup
This colorful soup is easy and quick enough to make for weeknight dinner
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. white wine
- 4 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chives
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes; add wine and carrots. Cook for 1 minute until wine evaporates.
- Add stock, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Ladle into a blender, add milk, and blend until very smooth. Serve garnished with a sprinkling of chives.