Creamy Cashew Pasta with Mushrooms & Arugula
This creamy pasta is made with coconut milk and cashews for a dairy-free alternative everyone can enjoy.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup Simple Truth™ Sea Salt Roasted Cashews
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (8 oz.) sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 cups pasta shells, cooked
- 2 cups arugula, to serve
- In a blender, blend together cashews, water and garlic until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and mushrooms. Cook until golden and softened.
- Mix in cashew sauce, coconut milk, salt, pepper, thyme, chives and parsley. Cook until combined. Toss in pasta. Serve with fresh arugula.