Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 cup cauliflower florets, cooked and divided
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- Heat oil in a large pot, add onion and celery, and sauté until translucent. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add one cup of the cooked cauliflower and cook until hot.
- Purée soup in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Return soup to pot over medium-low heat. Add remaining cup of cauliflower, cheese, salt, and pepper, continue to cook, and stir until cheese is melted and well integrated.
- Add milk and stir into the soup. Add more chicken stock if the consistency of the soup is too thick.