Creamy Chicken Kebab (Murgh Malai Kebab)
These mild chicken kebabs can be served as appetizers or as an entree. You can buy ginger-garlic paste at Indian markets and online.
Serves: 5Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 tsp. ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp. ground white pepper powder
- 2 serrano green chilies, seeded and minced
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. corn flour
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken chunks
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- In a bowl, combine the ginger-garlic paste, white pepper, green chilies, cream, corn flour, and salt. Add the chicken to the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Thread the chicken on skewers and place the skewers in a single layer in a roasting pan. Discard any remaining marinade. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Baste with the melted butter. Brown under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve hot.