Creamy Chicken Linguini
Ready in just 20 minutes, this simple creamy chicken pasta is an ideal weeknight comfort dish.
Serves: 6Prep: 5 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound linguini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Kroger Brand Half & Half or whole milk
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 12 ounces cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- Chopped parsley, optional
- Cook linguini according to package directions for al dente. Drain, reserving a bit of pasta water. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Cook garlic about 1 minute, until fragrant. Whisk in flour and salt; cook 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in chicken broth and half and half. Bring to low boil; allow to thicken.
- Add chicken, cook 2 to 3 minutes, until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Toss in pasta. Adjust consistency of sauce with pasta water if needed.
- To serve, top with additional parmesan cheese and chopped parsley if desired.