Creamy Chickpea Soup
Beans can be puréed to make a creamy soup without the cream.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cans (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1½ Tbsp. lemon jiuice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, combine onion, garlic, chickpeas, broth, salt, and cumin. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Allow to cool slightly, then process the soup in a blender—carefully, in batches—or by using an immersion blender.
- Return the soup to the slow cooker; add lemon juice and olive oil and heat on low for an additional 30 minutes. Serve hot.