This version of coleslaw uses a little mayonnaise combined with healthful, protein-rich Greek yogurt. Leftover coleslaw can be covered and stored for up to 5 days in a refrigerator.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 large head cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 scallions, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, and vinegar. Add cabbage, carrots, scallions, and garlic. Toss to combine. Let vegetables sit 5 minutes.
- To the vegetables, add oil, mayonnaise, yogurt, pepper, and remaining salt. Stir to combine and coat the vegetables in the dressing.
- Refrigerate or serve at room temperature.