Creamy Corn and Bean Quesadillas
These quesadillas are gluten-free and vegetarian. They’re always a huge hit!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (14 oz.) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. salsa
- 2 tsp. taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 6 oz. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup cut corn kernels
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Place the beans in a large bowl and microwave for 90 seconds. Add the salsa, taco seasoning and lime juice and use a potato masher or fork to mash the beans until there only a few chunks left. In another bowl, combine the cheese, sour cream, corn, cilantro and pepper.
- Spread the tortillas on a flat work surface. Divide the bean mixture between 6 tortillas. Divide the cheese mixture among the other 6 tortillas. For each quesadilla, sandwich 1 bean-topped tortilla with 1 cheese-topped tortilla.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat until very hot. Lightly brush one side of each quesadillas with olive oil and place, oil-side down on the pan. Cook for about 4 minutes, until the bottom is crispy. Brush the top sides with oil and flip. Cook until the second side is also crispy and dark golden brown.
- Remove to a cutting board and cool slightly before cutting into wedges. Serve with salsa.