Creamy Corn Soup
Garnish with strips of roasted red peppers to create a festive look and a unique combination of flavors.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large white onion
- 3 medium-sized red tomatoes
- 3 cups canned (and drained) or frozen whole-kernel corn
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Remove the skin from the onion and cut into quarters. Remove the skin from the tomatoes and cut into quarters.
- Put the corn, onion, tomatoes, and 1 cup of the stock in a food processor or blender. Blend on medium setting for 3 minutes or until all the ingredients are melded. They do not have to be liquefied—small pieces of corn, onion, and tomato are fine.
- Place the remaining stock in a large saucepan on medium-low heat. Stir in the blended mixture. Add the salt and pepper. Heat thoroughly, but do not boil.
- Stir in the whipping cream and cook on low heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.