Creamy Cranberry Salad
This makes a lovely side dish for savory meats, but it can also stand in for dessert, or as part of a salad lunch. If you want to save even more time, substitute the whipped cream with thawed whipped topping.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups fresh or frozen and thawed cranberries, chopped
- 1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 can (8 oz.) mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup chopped toasted pecans
- 2 cups heavy cream
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberries, pineapple, marshmallows, oranges, sugar, and pecans. Mix well and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment, or in a medium bowl with a hand mixer, add the whipped cream. Beat on medium speed until thickened, about 4 minutes, then beat on high speed until the cream forms soft peaks, about 1 minute. Add the whipped cream to the cranberry mixture and gently fold to combine. Cover the salad and chill for at least 1 hour.