Creamy Dijon Sauce
A coarse country-style Dijon mustard is best in this recipe, but other varieties of high-quality mustard will work well, too.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 3 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. vegan margarine
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened soymilk
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. country-style Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Set a 2-quart slow cooker to low heat. Melt the margarine and then stir in the flour to form a roux. Whisk in the soymilk, white wine, and vegetable broth and stir until there are no lumps and it is well combined.
- Stir in the Dijon mustard, shallots, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook for 3 hours.