Creamy Dill Cole Slaw
I like making my own dressing with chopped dill pickles and horseradish. It makes a sensational cole slaw.
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons dill pickles, minced
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white horseradish
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 4 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 4 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and shredded
- Combine olive oil mayonnaise, onion, dill pickle, pickle juice, vinegar, horseradish, sugar, salt, pepper and celery seed together; mix well.
- Add red cabbage, green cabbage and carrots to a large bowl. Pour dressing over slaw and toss well to combine.