Creamy Garlic Pasta with Brussels Sprouts
Creamy pasta and caramelized Brussels sprouts creates a satisfying, fiber-rich meal.
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 ounces cavatappi pasta noodles
- 2 tablespoons Kroger Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh parsley, to serve
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and Brussels sprouts. Sauté until the Brussels sprouts are tender. Transfer to a bowl.
- In the same skillet, over medium-low heat, melt the butter and add the garlic, milk and vegetable broth. Sprinkle in the flour and whisk until incorporated. Simmer on low for 5-8 minutes, until the sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper, then remove from heat.
- Add the drained pasta to the sauce and stir to combine. Top the pasta with the brussels sprouts.
- Serve with fresh parsley.
- Refrigerate leftovers.