Creamy Garlic and Red Pepper Dip
This is an excellent dip for vegetables or corn chips as well as a nice spread for pita bread.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and cut into wide strips
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 small red Serrano chili, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place red peppers skin-side down on a baking sheet and spread cooking oil on top of the pepper strips. Bake for 1 hour or until well browned. Remove from the oven and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In a food processor, blend the red pepper strips, garlic, and chili until chopped. Add the cottage cheese and blend well.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.