Creamy Ginger Rice Pudding
Apricot nectar adds a sweet and tart flavor to this recipe.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 can (13 oz.) nonfat sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ cups skim milk
- ½ cup apricot nectar
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 vanilla bean
- Combine rice, both kinds of milk, apricot nectar, ginger, and salt in large saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently, until rice is tender and mixture is thickened.
- Slice vanilla bean in half and use a sharp paring knife to scrape out the seeds. Stir seeds into rice mixture.
- Let cool for 30 minutes, then serve, or chill until cold, then serve.