Creamy Lemon Sauce
This sauce is creamy without the use of eggs or cream, and is an ideal sauce for vegetarians or people who are lactose-intolerant. Try the sauce on baked or poached fish.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 slice (½") lemon
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Arborio rice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- In a small pan over medium-high heat, boil stock, onion, lemon slice, and oil. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add the rice, cover, and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the pot from the heat and remove the lemon slice. Let sauce cool for 5 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, purée the sauce until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the lemon juice. Serve warm.