Creamy Lima Bean and Corn Succotash
Succotash is a popular Southern vegetable combination. The dish is perfect with just about anything.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bag (1 lb.) frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Put baby lima beans in a large saucepan with ½ teaspoon salt. Cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add corn and more water to cover. Increase heat and bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 5–8 minutes or until beans and corn are tender.
- Drain well. Stir in butter and add heavy cream to reach the desired consistency. Add pepper and remaining salt.