Creamy Mushroom-Beef Soup
Sauté the mushrooms and onions using ghee or nut oil instead of vegetable oil to complement the rich flavors of this soup.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- ½ lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Sauté the onion for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Shake the flour over the mushroom mixture and whisk to blend. Stir in the broth and whisk in cream. Heat thoroughly over medium heat, about 5 minutes.