Creamy Noodle Casserole
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- ½ lb. fine egg noodles
- 1 cup small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1½ cups sour cream
- ¾ cup finely minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease a 1½-quart baking dish.
- In a large pot, bring at least 4 quarts of water to a rolling boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt. Add noodles, stir to separate, and cook until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, egg, 1 cup sour cream, onion, garlic, Tabasco, salt, and pepper. Add the cooked noodles and mix well. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, spread the remaining ½ cup sour cream and the Parmesan cheese over the noodles. Return to the oven and bake until top is golden and bubbling, about 10 minutes longer. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before cutting.