Applesauce adds creamy texture and nutrition to this simple oatmeal recipe. Serve it hot with some warmed maple syrup or honey.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- ½ cup dried currants
- In large saucepan, combine water, applesauce, cinnamon, syrup, honey, and salt and bring to a boil.
- Stir in oatmeal and cook 2–4 minutes, or until mixture thickens. Stir in currants; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir and serve immediately.