Creamy Onion-Fennel Soup
If you like onions and fennel, youʼll love this soup! The bright flavors of its tangy ingredients get heightened with roasting, then cooled with creamy yogurt for a refreshing soup thatʼs soon to be one of your favorites!
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 fennel bulbs, chopped
- 2 large Vidalia onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cups Greek nonfat yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400°F and prepare a roasting pan with olive oil spray.
- Place fennel and onion in prepared pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast for 30 minutes, turning every 10–15 minutes.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven, pour the stock over the vegetables, and allow to sit for about 5 minutes. Pour the vegetables, stock, and any bits from roasting pan into a mixing bowl and allow to cool for 10–15 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, emulsify vegetables to desired chunkiness. Gradually stir in the yogurt until desired thickness is achieved.