Creamy Potato Bake
Serve this creamy and rich dish with some meatloaf or roast chicken for the perfect Sunday dinner.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 jar (16 oz.) Alfredo sauce
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄8 tsp. pepper
- 1⁄3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place potatoes in dish.
- In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until onions start to brown, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, Alfredo sauce, thyme, and pepper; cook and stir until melted and blended.
- Stir into the potatoes in dish. Top with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 to 30 minutes longer until casserole is bubbling.