Creamy Pressure Cooker Asparagus Soup
To bulk up the protein of this soup, add 1 cup cooked navy beans before blending.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 lbs. asparagus, washed, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Heat olive oil in an uncovered pressure cooker over medium heat. Sauté the onion until golden brown (5 to 7 minutes). Add the asparagus, salt, and thyme and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add the broth, then close and lock the lid.
- Turn the heat up to high. When the cooker reaches pressure, lower the heat to the minimum needed to maintain pressure. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Remove from the heat and allow the pot to sit for 30 minutes before carefully releasing any residual pressure.
- Add the milk and lemon juice to the soup. Purée using an immersion blender and serve.