Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Nothing says fall like pumpkin. This creamy soup is the perfect harvest recipe that can be made with either fresh or canned pumpkin purée.
Serves: 5Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2½ cups low-sodium gluten-free chicken broth
- ¼ Tbsp. water
- 2 cups pumpkin purée
- 2½ Tbsp. chopped sage
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup light cream
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2¼ oz. soft goat cheese
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- In a large stockpot, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook about 2 minutes. Add in garlic and cook another 2–3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Stir in broth and water and bring to a boil. Add pumpkin purée, sage, salt, and pepper; heat for about 2–3 minutes, stirring constantly until pumpkin is incorporated into the broth.
- Pour mixture into a food processor and blend on low until smooth. While blending, carefully pour in cream and milk. Add goat cheese and blend until mixture is completely smooth.
- Stir in pumpkin pie spice and serve hot.