Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Save to My Recipes
Nothing says fall like pumpkin. This creamy soup is the perfect harvest recipe that can be made with either fresh or canned pumpkin purée.
Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2½ cups low-sodium gluten-free chicken broth
- ¼ Tbsp. water
- 2 cups pumpkin purée
- 2½ Tbsp. chopped sage
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup light cream
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2¼ oz. soft goat cheese
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- In a large stockpot, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook about 2 minutes. Add in garlic and cook another 2–3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Stir in broth and water and bring to a boil. Add pumpkin purée, sage, salt, and pepper; heat for about 2–3 minutes, stirring constantly until pumpkin is incorporated into the broth.
- Pour mixture into a food processor and blend on low until smooth. While blending, carefully pour in cream and milk. Add goat cheese and blend until mixture is completely smooth.
- Stir in pumpkin pie spice and serve hot.