Creamy Raspberry Tart
Refrigerated sugar cookie dough is the secret shortcut to a beautiful baked raspberry tart.
Serves: 8Prep: 20 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 roll (16.5 oz.) refrigerated sugar cookie dough, cut into ½" thick slices
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Granulated Sugar
- 1 Simple Truth™ Natural Cage Free Grain Fed Grade A Large White Eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups fresh red raspberries
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Simple Truth Organic™ Powdered Sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Press cookie dough slices into bottom and fluted sides of a greased 11" tart pan with removable bottom. Do not prick. (Or, press onto bottom of greased 12" pizza pan.)
- Bake for 20 minutes until light brown. Remove from oven; set aside.
- While crust is baking, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 30 seconds. Add ¼ cup sugar, egg, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla; beat until combined. Pour cheese mixture over warm crust and spread evenly.
- Arrange raspberries in a single layer on top of cheese mixture. Sprinkle raspberries with 2 teaspoons sugar. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes more or until cheese mixture is set.
- Transfer to a wire rack; let cool for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.
- Note: Blueberries and blackberries work well for this recipe, too!