Creamy Tomato-Basil Soup
Packed with vitamins like vitamin A that do double duty as antioxidants and powerful phytochemicals like lutein, this soup loads up anybody with powerful nutrition to guard and protect health.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup water
- 10 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped basil
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. all-natural sea salt
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup plain Greek-style low-fat yogurt
- In a large pot, bring the water, tomatoes, basil, and garlic to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15–20 minutes. Allow to cool.
- With an immersion blender, emulsify the tomatoes and spices completely until no bits remain.
- Add the sea salt and tomato sauce. Add the yogurt, ¼ cup at a time, and use the immersion blender to fully combine. Serve hot or cold.