Creamy Tomato-Chive Bisque
This creamy soup is perfect for sipping in small coffee mugs or demitasse cups, perhaps with a stick of grilled cheddar cheese panini.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cups peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. cognac
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté onion in oil and butter until tender. Add tomatoes and sauté 2 minutes. Add chicken broth and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Purée soup in a blender and return to the pan. Add cognac over low heat, stir and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot with a drizzle of cream and a sprinkle of chives.