Tzatziki is a traditional Greek sauce that’s often used on gyros or in salads. Although it can be bought, it’s so easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients. Try it on chicken kebobs and fresh cucumber salad.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 10 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced finely
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 cup low-fat Greek yogurt, strained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh dill
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, blend the yogurt with the sour cream using a whisk. Add the olive oil mixture to the yogurt mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the cucumber and dill. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.