Creamy White Cake
White cake is a favorite flavor and a frequent base for a fancy decorated cake. Vanilla gives this cake an aromatic deliciousness, and the sour creams adds a moist richness.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (18.25 oz.) white cake mix plus ingredients called for on box
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tub (16 oz.) prepared vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven according to cake mix instructions. Grease and flour 3 round cake pans (8 inches). Set aside.
- Mix and batter according to instructions on box, but add the extra egg and the vanilla before you add the water.
- When a smooth, creamy batter has formed, fold in sour cream. Bake according to instructions on the box. Cool completely before frosting.