Creamy Yogurt Egg Bake!
Adding Greek yogurt to your eggs gives them a slight tang, extra creaminess and additional protein. In this recipe, they’re combined with hash browns, tomatoes, spinach and cheese and baked into a delicious breakfast casserole that yields enough to feed a small crowd.
Serves: 8Prep: 10 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 Grade A Large Eggs
- 1 cup Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt (or, to taste)
- 3⁄4 stick (6 Tbsp.) Butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and cut into 8ths
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray or grease 2-quart casserole dish with cooking oil.
- Beat together eggs, yogurt and salt.
- In large bowl, stir together butter and potatoes. Lightly stir in egg mixture, tomatoes and spinach. Pour into casserole dish. Sprinkle grated cheese over.
- Bake 35 minutes or until knife comes out clean when inserted.
- Cut into 8 squares.