Creamy Yogurt Fresh Fruit Tart
A classic tart with a creamy yogurt cream spread is loaded with piles of fresh fruit. When possible, use local, seasonal fresh fruit and berries in this gorgeous pastry.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 1⁄2 cups plus 1 Tbsp. white spelt flour
- 1⁄4 cup powdered honey
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cup cold salted butter, cut into 1⁄4-inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp. ice cold water
- 1 large egg
- 2⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 tsp. liquid stevia
- 1⁄2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 1⁄2 cups assorted fresh sliced fruit
- Generously butter the bottoms and sides of a 10-inch tart pan.
- In a food processor, mix together flour and honey. Pulse until well combined. Add 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla and ice cold butter chunks.
- Add the egg to the mixture, and slowly add the cold water while pulsing to combine the egg and water into the mixture.
- Mix until the dough comes together. Slowly add an extra 1 or 2 teaspoons of water if dough is still a little crumbly and not smooth.
- Using plastic wrap and your fingers, mash the dough into the tart pan and distribute evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove dough from the freezer.
- Gently poke the bottom of the tart dough with a fork to prevent rising. Bake covered for 15 minutes until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Whip heavy cream with an electric beater until soft peaks form. Add remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla and stevia and continue beating. Fold in yogurt.
- Spread yogurt mixture evenly over cooled crust. Arrange fruit in a decorative pattern over yogurt. Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.