Crepes with Blueberry Sauce
This crepe recipe can be used with roasted vegetables and topped with grated Romano cheese for a savory variation.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 2 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk, or soy/rice milk
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp. stevia powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 ½ cups blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Combine all crepe Ingredients in a blender; purée until smooth. Scrape sides and purée until everything is combined. Place in fridge for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Heat a crepe pan; spray with oil. When hot, pour ¼ cup batter onto a 10" pan (2 tablespoons for a 7" pan); swirl around to cover the bottom. Cook until browned on bottom, about 1 minute.
- Loosen the crepe with a spatula or knife; flip with your fingers. Cook the second side for about 30 seconds.
- Stack the crepes to keep them warm; cover with a clean cloth towel.
- Combine apple and sweetener in a heavy saucepan with ½ cup water. Add the blueberries; bring mixture to a simmer; cook until fruit is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Dissolve the corn starch in the remaining water; add to the fruit while cooking. Stir in the cinnamon and cook until liquid thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Lay out a crepe on a plate; spoon some of the fruit mixture onto one half of the crepe. Roll or fold the crepe, and serve.