Crescent Roll Apple Dumplings
Baked inside flaky crescent rolls, these cinnamon and apple-loaded dessert treats are the epitome of fall flavor.
Serves: 8Prep: 10 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large apple, peeled and cut into 8 equal wedges
- 1 can (8 oz.) Flaky Butter Flavor Crescent Rolls, 8 Count
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup lemon-lime flavored soda
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 9”x9” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Separate crescent rolls into triangles. Roll each apple wedge in crescent roll, starting at the wide end. Pinch to seal; place in baking dish.
- In small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Stir in cinnamon and brown sugar, continue heating until thickened. Set aside to cool slightly; stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over dumplings.
- Pour soda over dumpling mixture. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream.