These buttery, flaky rolls are wonderful at breakfast or for a special dinner. Serve warm.
Serves: 30Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 9 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 package instant blend dry yeast (2¼ tsp.)
- 4¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¾ cup butter, divided
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup whole milk
- In bowl, combine yeast with flour, sugar, and salt. Using a pastry blender or two butter knives, cut in ½ cup of cold butter until it resembles course sand. Add milk and eggs and mix well until a dough forms. Cover and chill for 8 hours in refrigerator.
- The next day, take dough out of refrigerator and divide into three pieces. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Melt remaining ¼ cup butter and set aside.
- On lightly floured surface, using a rolling pin, roll each ball of dough into a 12" circle. Brush with ¼ of the melted butter. Using a knife or pizza cutter, divide circle into 10 wedges (like cutting a pizza). Roll up wedges from the wide end to the point end, pinching the point to seal. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- Brush with remaining butter, cover, and let rise for 1 hour. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F. Uncover rolls and bake for 15 minutes or until rolls are golden brown. Cool on wire rack.