Dakos or rusks are hard twice-baked bread. You can find rusks at Greek or Middle Eastern grocers.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium rusks
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large tomato, skinned and grated
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Sprinkle some water over each rusk to soften it slightly. Then firmly rub the garlic clove over each rusk to infuse it with garlic flavor.
- Drizzle oil evenly over the rusks and let them absorb the oil for 4–5 minutes.
- Top rusks with tomato, feta, and a sprinkle of oregano. Serve at room temperature.