Crisp Baked Chicken Nuggets
Kids love anything small, because, well, they’re small! Cut meat into small portions and they’ll be more likely to eat it.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- Cut chicken into 1½" pieces and place in large baking dish. Pour buttermilk over all, stir to coat, cover, and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 15" x 10" baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator. Remove chicken from buttermilk; discard buttermilk.
- On a plate, combine bread crumbs, cheese, salt, and pepper; mix well. Roll chicken in breadcrumb mixture to coat and place in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken registers 165°F on a meat thermometer and coating is brown and crisp.