Crisp Lemon Cookies
Crisp, buttery, yet cholesterol-free, these deliciously simple cookies shine with bright citrus flavor. If you don’t have fresh lemons, use
Makes: 36Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ¾ cup olive oil
- Juice and grated zest of 2 large lemons
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Get out two baking sheets and set aside.
- Measure flours, sugar, and baking powder into a medium mixing bowl and whisk well to combine. Add remaining ingredients and stir to form a stiff dough.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto the ungreased baking sheets. Place sheets on middle rack in oven and bake 10 minutes, until cookies are pale and have spread out.
- Remove from oven, cool on baking sheets a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool fully.
- Serve cooled cookies or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.