Crisp Mustard Broiled Fish
Save to My Recipes
Mustard and onion add delicious flavor to mild fish fillets. Be sure to watch the fish carefully when it’s under the broiler.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutes
- 1½ lbs. mild white fish fillets
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup minced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 cups soft fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- Preheat broiler. Place fish on sprayed broiler pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper; set aside. In small pan, cook onion and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in mustard. On plate, combine breadcrumbs, parsley, and oregano.
- Broil fish for 3 minutes on first side, then carefully turn with spatula. Spread with mustard mixture and sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture to heavily coat.
- Return to broiler and broil for 5 to 6 minutes, watching carefully, until breadcrumb topping is crisp and browned. Serve immediately.