Crisp Mustard Broiled Fish
Mustard and onion add delicious flavor to mild fish fillets. Be sure to watch the fish carefully when it’s under the broiler.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. mild white fish fillets
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 cups soft fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried oregano
- Preheat broiler. Place fish on sprayed broiler pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper; set aside. In small pan, cook onion and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in mustard. On plate, combine breadcrumbs, parsley, and oregano.
- Broil fish for 3 minutes on first side, then carefully turn with spatula. Spread with mustard mixture and sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture to heavily coat.
- Return to broiler and broil for 5 to 6 minutes, watching carefully, until breadcrumb topping is crisp and browned. Serve immediately.