Crisp Parmesan Farfalle with Basil Dip
Serve these cute little fried bowties as an appetizer before an Italian dinner.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 3 Tbsp. basil pesto
- 1 package (16 oz.) farfalle pasta
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. On plate, combine flour, salt, pepper, seasoning, and ½ of cheese; mix well. In bowl, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, basil, and pesto; refrigerate.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until tender. Drain well, then spread on kitchen towels to dry. Dry pasta carefully.
- Coat pasta in the flour mixture. Heat oil in large skillet. Fry pasta, 8 to 10 at a time, until crisp. Place on plate and sprinkle with remaining cheese as they are cooked. Serve hot with basil dip.