Crisp Potato Pancakes
This is a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 lb. mashed potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. grated onion
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Heat mashed potatoes with cream in a large microwave-safe bowl; mix in eggs, onion, salt and pepper until fully combined. Use your hands to form potato mixture into 8 patties.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a large skillet until it shimmers but does not smoke; fry pancakes, 4 at a time, until golden brown on both sides, Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and keep warm. Add remaining oil as needed and repeat with remaining pancakes.
- Serve hot with sour cream or apple sauce.