Crispy Avocado Tacos
Switch up taco night with a fun new filling. Crunchy on the outside, creamy on the inside, these avocados are breaded and baked to perfection.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large avocados, peeled and cut into six pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 3⁄4 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 taco shells
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In shallow bowl, whisk together olive oil and milk. In separate shallow bowl, stir together breadcrumbs, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Dip avocado pieces into olive oil mixture, then into breadcrumb mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned.
- In medium bowl, toss together green cabbage, red cabbage, carrot and lime juice.
- Place avocado in taco shells; top with cabbage slaw and yogurt.
- Serve with lime wedge. Refrigerate leftovers.